1 cup cooked black beans
1cup cooked white kidney beans
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoonground chia seeds mixed with 3 tbl. water
1/2 cup red onion, diced
1/3 cupfresh cilantro, stems removed and chopped 3 garlic cloves
, minced 1 cup quinoaflakes or 100 pure rolled oats
1 cup cooked quinoa
1 tbl. chili powder
1 1/2tsp. salt 1/2 tsp. pepper
1. Wash and soak 2 cups of dried beans the night before. Rinse offsoaking water, place into pot with 3 1/2 cups of water and bring to a boil. Addcinnamon and cumin.
2. Cover and cook for 1 hour.
3. If you use canned black beans, empty into pot, mix with cinnamonand cumin, keeping about 1 cup of liquid from the can. Cover and cool on mediumfor about 10 minutes.
4. In a pan, sauté onions and garlic with oil.
5. Mix beans with sautéed onions, raw peppers, a pinch of cayenne andsalt.
6. Garnish with cilantro and a wedge of lime.