• 1 pound ripe plumtomatoes, cored (about 4-5)
• 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
• 1pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed and cut into 1-inch chunks
•Salt & freshly ground pepper
• 1 large white onion, finely chopped (about 11/2 cups)
• 2 cloves cloves garlic, very finely chopped
• 2 jalapeño peppers,seeded and very finely chopped
• 2 tablespoons lime juice
• 2 tablespoonschopped fresh cilantro
• 4 scallions, chopped
• 12 corn tortillas, warmed
• 1/4cup reduced-fat sour cream for garnish
• 2 limes, cut into quarters
Heat a large cast-iron skillet over high heat until very hot. Place tomatoes in theskillet and turn occasionally with tongs until charred on all sides, about 10minutes. Transfer to a plate to cool slightly. Cut in half crosswise; squeezeto discard seeds. Chop the remaining pulp and skins; set aside.
2. Add1 teaspoon of the oil to the pan and heat over high heat until the oil is veryhot. Add chicken and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally,until the chicken is browned on all sides and no longer pink in the center,about 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
3. Reducethe heat to medium and add the remaining 1 teaspoon oil. Add onions and cook,stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and jalapeños and cook,stirring, for 1 minute more. Add lime juice and the reserved chicken andtomatoes. Bring to a simmer and stir in cilantro and scallions. Season to tastewith salt and pepper. Cover to keep warm.
4. Spoonfilling into warm tortillas, roll up and serve with sour cream and lime wedges.
· Wrap tortillas in barely damp paper towels and microwave on High for 30 to 45 seconds.