1 cup cooked kasha
1 apple, diced
2 tablespoons almond or cashew butter
2 tablespoons water (use more if needed)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Place kasha in a steamer over boiling water. Steam until warm.
2. Combine warm kasha and apple in a breakfast bowl.
3. In a separate bowl mix nut butter with 2 tablespoons of water.
4. Blend with fork until creamy like a sauce. If needed add a bitmore water. Mixture should not be too runny.
5. Pour peanut sauce over kasha and apples and mix well.
6. Sprinkle with cinnamon and drizzle with maple syrup.
Make kasha for dinner instead and use the leftovers for breakfast.
Kasha keeps well with a splash of olive oil in the fridge for 3-4days.