Olive oil cooking spray
2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced into 1/8-inch rounds
1/2 cup diced onion
8oz baby spinich (about 8 cups)
2 whole eggs
3 egg whites
1 cup non-fatricotta or cottage cheese
1 tbl feta cheese, crumbled
3 tbl. fresh basil ordill or 3 tsp of dried, divided into 2 equal portions
3 roma tomatoes sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
1 1/2 tbl. romano or parmesan cheese
1 1/2 tbl. grated lowfat mozzarella
· Heat oven to 350
· Coat a 9" pie plate with cooking spray.
· Line bottom of plate with potatoes sliced. Cut remaining slices inhalf and arrange around side of plate.
· Bake 12-15 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
· Coat a saute pan with cooking spray and saute onion over low heatuntil tender, about 5 minutes.
· Add Spinich and let wilt, 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat/drainexcess fluid.
· In a bowl, beat eggs and egg whites.
· Stir in ricotta and feta. Add 1/2 the basil and dill and setaside.
· Spoon onion and spinich mixture into the pie plate over potatoes.Layer on egg mixture.
· Add tomatoes to top.
· Bake 20-25 minutes or until egg is set and knife inserted into piecomes out clean.
· Sprinkle grated cheeses evenly over top of pie and top withremaining dill and parley.
· Return to oven 5 minutes, remove and let sit for 5 minutes.
· Cut into 4 wedges. Serve immediately.
192 calories, 4.8g. fat, 20.5 gcarb. 7.8 g fiber, 17.5 g protein