8-inch piece wakame
1 medium onion, cut into long strips
1 medium daikon radish, cut into half moons
1/2 block tofu, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
5 cups water
1 to 2 tablespoons miso paste
2 scallions, chopped
1. Wash wakame, soak for 5 minutes or until softened and cut into1-inch pieces.
2. Add veggies, wakame, tofu and water to a pot and bring to boil.
3. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Remove 1/2 cup of liquid from the pot and stir in the miso todissolve.
5. Return miso mixture to pot, reduce heat to very low and cook 2-3more minutes. Do not boil.
6. Garnish with chopped scallion.