2 cups leftover, cooked rice
1-2 cups coconut water*, rice milk or water
1 cinnamon stick or 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
10 cardamom pods or 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup shredded coconut
2 tablespoons raw honey or maple syrup
1. Place all ingredients in a pot and bring to boil.
2. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally.
3. Continue cooking until raisins are plump, coconut is soft and mostof the liquid has evaporated.
4. Taste and add more sweetener if necessary.
· Coconut water is simply the liquid inside a coconut. You can buyit in the refrigerated drinks section of the health food store. Also, you canoften find fresh young coconuts in the health food store or in Asian markets.