2 bunches broccoli
2 large white sweet potatoes
2 cloves garlic, diced
1 red pepper, diced
2 tablespoons tamari
1. Cut off the florets ofthe broccoli so that you have almost no portion of the stalk and place in aseparate bowl.
2. Cut the stalks of the broccoli and the sweet potato into small pieces.
3. Place in a medium pot and fill with water just until the veggies are coveredand bring to a boil.
4. Cook until soft, about 10-12 minutes.
5. Remove broccoli and potato from the water and blend in blender.
6. Slowly add the water from the pot to your blender until you get a good soupconsistency.
7. Add garlic and tamari, and blend.
8. Place soup back in the pot, add broccoli florets and red pepper.
9. Leave on low heat for 5-10 minutes. Serve hot with a little fresh ground pepper.
This soup is great with a little parmesan cheese or organic cheddar sprinkled on top of your bowl. Soupis also a great place to use up leftovers. Toss in whole grains, beans, or leftover veggies to give it a little extra kick.