1 spaghetti squash
Extra-virgin olive oil
1 small onion
2 fresh tomatoes
5 button mushrooms
2 tablespoons minced fresh herbs (basil, oregano, or thyme)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
2. Carefully cut squash in half, lengthwise and remove the seeds.
3. Rub the inside with olive oil, and place open side down in abaking dish with 1/2 inch of water.
4. Bake 45 minutes, or until a fork pierces easily through thesquash.
While squash is baking,prepare the sauce.
5. Dice the onion, carrot and tomatoes. Slice the mushrooms. Mincethe herbs.
6. Heat oil in a pan and add onions. Sauté for 5 minutes.
7. Add the carrot and tomatoes and cook another 5 minutes.
8. Add the mushrooms, herbs and salt and continue cooking another5-10 minutes.
9. When the squash has cooked and cooled a little, use a fork toscrape the meat into spaghetti-like strands.
10. Mix sauceand squash together in a bowl and serve.
· Add garlic, other veggies or cooked chicken pieces to the sauce.
· Top with grated Parmesan cheese.