1 tbl. olive oil 1 onionchopped 2-3 garlic cloves 1 carrot/ halved lengthwise and sliced 1 red, green,or yellow pepper, chopped 1 tsp. chili powder, ground cumin, dried oregano 3cups cooked red, black or kidney beans 1 cup vegetable stock 2 tbls umeboshivinegar or organic tomato paste 1 tsp sea salt
· Heat oil in a large heavy pan
· Add onion and garlic, saute until the onion starts to brown.
· Add all vegetables, chili powder, cumin and oregano.
· Saute 5 minutes.
· Add the rest of the ingredients. Cover and simmer for 10-15minutes.
· Adjust seasonings and serve.
Add other vegetables like celery, zucchini or summer squash.· Skip the chili powder, use ginger instead for a different taste.· Add fresh or frozen corn · Add cooked brown rice for a rice and bean dish.