All the leftover veggies in your fridge
1/4 cup olive oil, divided
1 large can chopped tomatoes
1 can chickpeas, drained
1-2 large yams, slices into 1/8-inch-thick sheets
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Chop veggies (not yams) and sauté in 2 teaspoons of oil untilsoft, 5-10 minutes.
3. Add can of tomatoes and chickpeas. Mix well and remove from heat.
4. Slice yams into thin sheets.
5. Lightly oil a casserole dish and layer the bottom with half of theyams.
6. Spoon out vegetable mixture and spread evenly on top of yams.
7. Layer remaining yams on top of vegetables and lightly drizzle witholive oil.
8. Bake covered for 30 minutes.
9. Take off the cover and turn up temperature to 450 degrees for 10minutes to crisp up the top later.
· Add your favorite spices, like basil, oregano, fennel, cumin, chilipepper or sea salt when adding tomatoes and chickpeas.
· Use a mandolin to slice the yams into even slices.